The mission of MothersEsquire is to achieve gender equity in the legal profession by improving promotion and retention rates of women in the law, along with championing equal pay and transparency regarding compensation practices in the legal profession. It provides a support network for more than 4,000 members, and advocates for policy change to promote women and parents in the legal profession.
In 2019, I joined the Board of MothersEsquire and became Content and Communication Chair. Among other things, this means writing. Here are links to some of my blog posts for MothersEsquire:
- How My Law Practice Survived a Difficult Pregnancy (published through an ongoing partnership with MothersEsquire and Above the Law)
- Looking for Equality at Home? You May Want to Try Fair Play
- Why You Should Add Self-Compassion to Your List of New Years Resolutions
- Republished by The Mom Empire
- Book Review: Work Wife Marries Female Friendships with Business Bottom Lines
- Why I’m Glad I Powered Through After Having Kids (published through an ongoing partnership with MothersEsquire and Above the Law)